[KIRKLAND, Wash] – Juanita Beach is closed as of July 21, 2021, for at least one week due to elevated bacteria levels.
Water quality staff from the King County Water and Land Resources Division tested the water on Tuesday, July 20, and found that the levels of bacteria on the eastern shore of the beach exceeded the thresholds for bacteria based on the average of the last three tests. King County crews will return to the beach next week to collect further samples. The beach at Juanita Beach Park will reopen when bacteria levels return to a safe range.
People and pets should not swim, drink lake water, or engage in other water activities at Juanita Beach.
Signs will be posted to indicate that the beach is closed. City lifeguards will be onsite during the closure to communicate with beachgoers and provide information.
For additional details, visit King County’s Lake Swimming Beach Data webpage.
- Azerbaijan Starts Military Operation in the Disputed Karabakh Against Ethnic Armenians
- Russian President Igor Strelkov Girkin?
- The Most Successful Russian Military Leaders are Demoted, Detained, Dismissed, or Deceased
- 1996’s Privatization of Government Background Screening has Been a 29 Year Dumpster Fire
- FBI Interviews Sarah Bils, the Donbass Devushka, as the DOJ and NCIS Probes Her Past