[KIRKLAND, Wash] – Juanita Beach is closed as of July 21, 2021, for at least one week due to elevated bacteria levels.
Water quality staff from the King County Water and Land Resources Division tested the water on Tuesday, July 20, and found that the levels of bacteria on the eastern shore of the beach exceeded the thresholds for bacteria based on the average of the last three tests. King County crews will return to the beach next week to collect further samples. The beach at Juanita Beach Park will reopen when bacteria levels return to a safe range.
People and pets should not swim, drink lake water, or engage in other water activities at Juanita Beach.
Signs will be posted to indicate that the beach is closed. City lifeguards will be onsite during the closure to communicate with beachgoers and provide information.
For additional details, visit King County’s Lake Swimming Beach Data webpage.
Like, Share, Follow, Support
- Eviction moratorium allowed to end putting 8-million households at risk
- The West is burning – untold stories of two California towns devastated by the Dixie Fire
- Sun, Smoke, and Showers loom as dry streak extends to day 45
- York Statue at Mount Tabor Park in Portland destroyed by vandals
- Nine counties recommend masks again as COVID surges
- The West is burning – untold stories of two California towns devastated by the Dixie Fire on
- BREAKING: OPA recommends two SPD officers be fired for their actions during the 1/6 insurrection on
- Racist incident at Edmonds Bar spills over into social media storm on
- 24 days later, King County is asking you to mask up – again on
- COVID cases on the rise as Delta variant becomes the dominant strain on