[KIRKLAND, Wash] – (MTN) Kirkland’s media darling, tourist attraction, and infamous truck eating bridge claimed another victim early Monday morning. Around 2 AM local residents reported hearing the telltale crash and scraping noises of yet another victim of the homicidal structure.
The driver tried for two hours to extract the truck, which struck the eastbound side before Kirkland Police showed up around 4 AM. A heavy-duty wrecker excised the latest meal from Truckbane’s jaws around 5 AM. This is the fourth truck to strike the bridge in three weeks.
Nighttime feedings are rare for Truckbane, which prefers to hunt during daylight hours.
Last Saturday a group of citizens did a banner drop on the westbound side. The community effort caught the attention of the local TV NBC affiliate KING 5, and the magazine CDL Today. In December of 2020, the city added a dozen signs to warn drivers of the truck eating bridge. The bridge’s location, architecture, and the traffic on Kirkland Way create a unique set of traffic engineering challenges.
Photo credit: Debbie Smith McLeod
Like, Share, Follow, Support
- Eviction moratorium allowed to end putting 8-million households at risk
- The West is burning – untold stories of two California towns devastated by the Dixie Fire
- Sun, Smoke, and Showers loom as dry streak extends to day 45
- York Statue at Mount Tabor Park in Portland destroyed by vandals
- Nine counties recommend masks again as COVID surges
- The West is burning – untold stories of two California towns devastated by the Dixie Fire on
- BREAKING: OPA recommends two SPD officers be fired for their actions during the 1/6 insurrection on
- Racist incident at Edmonds Bar spills over into social media storm on
- 24 days later, King County is asking you to mask up – again on
- COVID cases on the rise as Delta variant becomes the dominant strain on