[SEATTLE] – (MTN) Much of western Washington remains in an icy grip after a storm on Saturday dumped as much as a foot of snow, sleet, and freezing rain from Vancouver to Bellingham. A Winter Weather Advisory has been issued from noon to 10 PM, while Portland, Oregon is under an Ice Storm Warning.[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”27″ gal_title=”February 2021 Snowstorm”]
Snow started falling across much of the region by 7 AM. Much of the Seattle area has received an inch already, with another one to three inches likely before the snow transitions to sleet, possibly some freezing rain, and then all rain tonight.
Area streets including arterials remain treacherous and travel should be avoided if at all possible. Monday will continue a cold wet pattern, but temperatures will climb to 40 degrees, bringing an end to the snow.
- Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Plant is falling apart, and the world is ignoring the danger
- Record-setting January heatwave in Seattle ends
- Seattle Police Officer Daniel Auderer could be fired for unprofessional conduct
- Drive uninjured in Kirkland crash caused by bypassing I-405 construction barriers
- Unraveling Claims of Ukrainian Involvement: Donetsk Market Attack Points to Russian Origination