[SEATTLE] – (MTN) Much of western Washington remains in an icy grip after a storm on Saturday dumped as much as a foot of snow, sleet, and freezing rain from Vancouver to Bellingham. A Winter Weather Advisory has been issued from noon to 10 PM, while Portland, Oregon is under an Ice Storm Warning.
Snow started falling across much of the region by 7 AM. Much of the Seattle area has received an inch already, with another one to three inches likely before the snow transitions to sleet, possibly some freezing rain, and then all rain tonight.
Area streets including arterials remain treacherous and travel should be avoided if at all possible. Monday will continue a cold wet pattern, but temperatures will climb to 40 degrees, bringing an end to the snow.
Like, Share, Follow, Support
- Eviction moratorium allowed to end putting 8-million households at risk
- The West is burning – untold stories of two California towns devastated by the Dixie Fire
- Sun, Smoke, and Showers loom as dry streak extends to day 45
- York Statue at Mount Tabor Park in Portland destroyed by vandals
- Nine counties recommend masks again as COVID surges
- The West is burning – untold stories of two California towns devastated by the Dixie Fire on
- BREAKING: OPA recommends two SPD officers be fired for their actions during the 1/6 insurrection on
- Racist incident at Edmonds Bar spills over into social media storm on
- 24 days later, King County is asking you to mask up – again on
- COVID cases on the rise as Delta variant becomes the dominant strain on