You haven’t tried shishito peppers? Why not! A wonderful flavor with citrus notes, about one in twenty will make you go, “whoa that’s got some heat!” At just 2 to 3 calories per pepper, this is the popcorn of green vegetables.
What you’ll need:
30 shishito peppers (not an endorsement, but Trader Joe’s sells them)
1-1/2 Tablespoons avocado oil (you can use high quality olive oil as a substitute)
Kosher salt to taste
1) Heat avocado oil in a stainless steel or well seasoned cast iron pan on medium high heat. Be careful not to smoke the oil
2) Carefully place the peppers in the heated oil, blister the peppers until they have large brown patches on all sides
3) Remove from heat and sprinkle Kosher salt to taste and serve immediately.
Serve as-is, or with any Asian inspired dipping sauce.
Makes 3 servings
80 calories per serving
- Azerbaijan Starts Military Operation in the Disputed Karabakh Against Ethnic Armenians
- Russian President Igor Strelkov Girkin?
- The Most Successful Russian Military Leaders are Demoted, Detained, Dismissed, or Deceased
- 1996’s Privatization of Government Background Screening has Been a 29 Year Dumpster Fire
- FBI Interviews Sarah Bils, the Donbass Devushka, as the DOJ and NCIS Probes Her Past