Five Fast Facts
- President-elect Joe Biden announced his nomination of Dr. Rachel Levine to serve as assistant secretary of health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Dr. Levine is the Secretary of Health for the state of Pennsylvania
- Dr. Levine is a graduate of Harvard College and the Tulane Univesity School of Medicine
- The Republican-controlled Senate of the state of Pennsylvania confirmed her as Secretary of Health 3 times
- Dr. Levine has faced harassment and threats due to her role in dealing with C Disease and for being openly transgender
President-elect Joe Biden announced Tuesday that he has nominated Dr. Rachel Levine to serve as assistant secretary for health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. If confirmed by the Senate, Levine would be the first openly transgender federal official in a Senate-confirmed role, according to the Biden-Harris transition team.
Levine, who is the secretary of health for Pennsylvania, is currently leading the state’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Read more at CBS News
- Azerbaijan Starts Military Operation in the Disputed Karabakh Against Ethnic Armenians
- Russian President Igor Strelkov Girkin?
- The Most Successful Russian Military Leaders are Demoted, Detained, Dismissed, or Deceased
- 1996’s Privatization of Government Background Screening has Been a 29 Year Dumpster Fire
- FBI Interviews Sarah Bils, the Donbass Devushka, as the DOJ and NCIS Probes Her Past